Case Study: e-commerce website Amwaj
Hello guys! long time no see…
This week, I want to share my case study for project 2, which I had worked on for the last two weeks. Moreover, This is a group project for the UX/UI immersive course at Misk Academy. It was a long two weeks but we did it at the end….
Noon’s website was our major brand, and from this, we created our website Amwaj.
I will tell you briefly about Noon brand and some of their services, which they provide. Noon is a local Saudi brand, and many users were not familiar with Noon in the beginning. However, their brand started to expand among a variety of people.
- After the noon popularity expands, it starts to compete famous brands like SheIn, Aliexpress, ASOS, fordeal, Savvi, Namshi, and jolly chic, and these brands are our competetiors.
Regarding their shipping policy:
- If your order contains only express items, free shipping fees will applied hen the cart total is 200SR or above.
- If your order includes only market items, shipping fees of 12 SAR will be applied to the market items per seller.
- If your order includes market items and express items, shipping fees of 12 SAR will be applied to the market items per seller.
- If your order includes bulky items, shipping fees will be applied.
We want to understand our users deeply, so we asked the main research and interview questions:
Our interview and survey goal was:
- Reaching out to participants and know their feelings about noon beach products and online websites.
- Have an understanding of participants’ needs, struggles, and experiences regarding online shopping websites.
We wanted to understand their frustration about some websites, their best shopping experience, and some features that attract them to visit the website. We interviewed acceptable numbers of participants.
Survey insights :
- 61.5 % order monthly from online shopping websites
- 61.5 % give 6–8 out of 10 as a rate of their trust about online shipping websites
- 46.6 % choose Apple Pay as their favorite pay method
To create a good website, we need to understand our competitors. We created C&C analysis, SWOT, positioning marketing, leaf diagram, and heuristic evaluation.
Key insights of C&C:
Asos was our main competition and we want to reach their features level and added more features to create our website.
On the other hand, savvi website was a great example of having chart board , and well organized products.
In compare with the other websites, Savvi was the best in providing a well design app, and providing an organized products in the website, which facilitated the user experience from reviewed the product to the end of purchase journey. Also, Savvi website provided clear content, good customer service support, and well organized products.
For the other websites, they need to label ,organize products according to their categories, and avoid stuffed the home page with irrelevant categories of products. Also, they need to focus on providing high quality photos, and put the ads in a separate category.
Key insights Postioning Marketing :
Websites that their content, products, and design are organized and include present time features of technology are more likely their users are satisfied about the purchase experience. This allows the user to have a pleasant shopping journey and might visits to purchase again, which means a loyal customers in the future.
Key insights leaf digram:
Rating: This feature will make the user trust of the product and see other customers opinion and rate product.
Customer Support: This feature allow the user to receive faster service.
Reverse image search : This feature allow the user to search for product they need by image when they forget the name of the product.
Chat board: This feature will allow the user to chat live if they having a question or problem.
Heuristic Evaluation :
Key insights for Heuristic evaluation:
- According to our findings, we notice most websites had a lot of products in the home page and it was stuffed with different products categories. Websites identify errors for the user, which was something noticed also.
- However, the process to search, and look for a beach product, for example it took around 2 to 4 clicks maximum.
The gap our website fills:
-Affinity map insights:
- Opinions about website affects their purchase decisions
- Issues with with websites/products trust
- Need a new method for product search
When we collected information about our persona, we noticed some pain points that she had. we tried to identify her strengths and weak to provide a better solution. So, we came up with these pain points about Kayla.
- Low salary
- Low hype
After we knew her pain points, we ensured to add and created features on our website Amwaj to attract our persona.
Features we added on our website Amwaj:
- Daily offers
- Products rate
- Gifts category
- Customized by price
noon customers in Saudi Arabia have the problem that they feel lost while searching for their beach products using noon website. Our solution should aim to provide a more organized and interesting way to allow our users an easy way to find their products.
Tired of seeing unorganized beach products on websites! It frustrated you right! Other websites upset you and Amwaj’s website please We will ensure your purchasing journey is nothing like you had before.
Key features of Amwaj website:
- Provide organized beach products in one place
- Rate product
- Search by image
- Chat board
- Reschedule the purchase of products again
low- fidelity wireframes
High fidelity wireframes
Amwaj sign up screen
The user can sign up or sign in with google account or email.
Amwaj website home page screen
The user can view the website categories easily and view the special offer for the first order
Amwaj products screen
From here, the user can explore beach products on the Amwaj website.
Amwaj shipping screen
After the user selects the product, from the product page a shipping page will show up and the user will complete shipping and enter personal information to proceed with delivery.
Amwaj payment screen
The user will have a variety of payment methods then after payment is done the order is place and ready for shipping.
We tested our prototype with 5 users. By doing this, we have a clear idea to improve the flow and make it simple for our users.
check out our prototype video
For future plans:
- We want to expand our products and add new categories of products.
- We want to add an AR feature to our website so users can view the product on an existing model before purchasing the product.
- Users want organized and well labeled products to facilitate their purchase.
- Website design affects users' judgment about online shopping websites.
- Customer service is what users value the most.
Some additional ideas for the future:💃🏻
After I finished the project, I created some logo ideas for Amwaj website. I know it looks pretty.😎
Of course we will add some fantastic ideas to the website, but for now here are logos for Amwaj.
Please go and show your support to my team and other colleagues…..:)